The ICF defines Coaching as:
“Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”
- Provide the support necessary for the client to achieve their own goals.
- Enable a client to solve their own problems and facilitate long-term solutions or changes by asking powerful questions to help the client solve a problem.
- Guide a client to form the necessary habits to achieve their desired outcome. It’s the habits (and actions!) that drive the outcome.
- Focus on long-term growth, they’re not just trying to get you to a short term result.
- Promote self-discovery and custom solutions for each individual.
- Partners with clients and encourage to maximize commitment and motivation.